NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW
1. Sweepstakes Period:DC Shoes: Win Shoes for a Year Sweepstakes 2022 (“Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:01 am Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) on December 13, 2022 and ends at 11:59 pm PST on January 13, 2023 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The time shall be determined by Sponsor’s timekeeping systems, and Sponsor may also rely on the time processing functions of third parties. Sponsor shall have the sole discretion in determining the timeliness of any action or inaction related to the Sweepstakes.
2. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the contiguous United States (including the District of Columbia), who are the age of legal majority (e.g., 18, 19, or 21) in their residence or older as of date of entry. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of DC Shoes, Inc. (“Sponsor”) and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates including or Boardriders Wholesale, LLC, advertising agencies, public relations agencies, prize suppliers, including any vendors providing services in connection with this Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and employees, agents, directors, officers (including members of their immediate family or those living in the same household) of Sponsor or any Sweepstakes Entities are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the entry will be deemed ineligible.
4. Winner Selection/Odds of Winning: There will be three (3) winners who will be selected in a random drawing conducted by the Sponsor or its designee, on or about January 20, 2023 based on eligible entries submitted. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
5. Winner Notification: Potential winner will be notified by email (to the email submitted on the Entry) from Sponsor on or about January 25, 2023. Potential winner must respond to the notification message within 2 days and provide all requested information within 5 days of the first contact or attempted contact from Sponsor or the potential prize may be forfeited. To claim any prize, Sponsor may require winner(s) to complete, sign, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release/Publicity Release forms and other applicable documents and tax forms, which may require a social security number or form proper identification and may need to be notarized, before claiming and prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize with prize of equal or greater value. If a potential winner is found to be not eligible, cannot be contacted, fails to timely claim the prize, is disqualified, fails to timely execute and return any required forms, or if the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, Sponsor will select an alternate winner via random drawing from among the remaining eligible entries. If by reason of printing or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number of prizes set forth in the Official Rules, a random drawing will be held to award the advertised number of prizes. Under no circumstances will more than the advertised number of prizes be awarded.
6. Prize and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): Three winners will be selected in accordance with these Official Rules (“Winners”). Each Winner will receive one (1) $780 ecommerce gift card to use toward DC Shoes merchandise that is currently available online at DCShoes.com as selected by Winner (ARV: $780); this should equate to roughly 12 pairs of shoes, or one new pair for each month. Subject to availability. All prize is “AS IS” without any warranty of any kind, express or implied from Sponsor. No substitution, redemption for cash, return, exchange or transfer of prizes will be made or is permitted except in Sponsor’s sole discretion. All federal, state and local taxes, related to the prizes, are the sole responsibility of the Winner. The gift card will be subject to additional terms and conditions, and may have certain product exclusions and expiration dates. Any items purchased with or amounts unused on the gift card may not be exchanged for cash. See gift card terms and condition for all details and any restrictions. The items purchased with the Prize will be shipped to US physical addresses only.
8. General Terms: The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and void where prohibited. Decisions of Sponsor on all matters are final and binding. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify this Sweepstakes and to disqualify any entrant for any reason, in its sole discretion, including (but not limited to) if, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. If such cancelation occurs, Sponsor reserves the right to select the winners from among the eligible entries received. Sweepstakes Entities do not warrant that access to the Sweepstakes will be uninterrupted. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for, including but not limited to, technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries in the Sweepstakes or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY FRAUDULENT CLAIMS, MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
9. Releases: By entering this Sweepstakes, you agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, the Sweepstakes Entities, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents and from any claims, losses, and damages arising out of, or relating to, your participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activities (including, without limitation, events, travel, etc.) and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded hereunder (including, without limitation, any non-compliance by you with these Official Rules; any malfunction, error or other problem arising in connection with the collection, processing, or retention of entry information; or any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any winner). The foregoing includes, without limitation, any claim for personal injury, property loss or damage, or death arising in connection with the Sweepstakes or prize.
10. Disputes: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the applicable courts in Orange County, California. All issues and questions concerning these Official Rules and entrant’s or Sponsor’s rights and obligations, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of State of California, without regard to choice or conflict of law rules. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms and if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
12. Winner List: You may obtain the winner’s name by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Legal Department, ATTN DC Shoes: Win Shoes for Year Sweepstakes, 5600 Argosy Ave., #100, Huntington Beach, CA 92648, USA, with a written request by March 31, 2023.
13. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is D Shoes, Inc., having an address of 5600 Argosy Ave., #100, Huntington Beach, CA 92648. DCShoes.com. DC Shoes and the DC Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sponsor in the USA and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners. Any questions regarding this Sweepstakes should be directed to Sponsor at: firstname.lastname@example.org.